1. How do you prepare for a newborn session?
- During communication with the client before the session, I determine if there is a particular color(s) they would like to see used. I always set up the studio the night before their session so we are ready to go as soon as they arrive. I also start a space heater about an hour before to get it nice and toasty. I also give the parents information about what they can do the day of and what items to bring to make their session go as smooth as possible.
2. How do you handle a fussy child?
-I've touched on this a little bit here. There are some tape tricks, sometimes snacks, and sometimes I start singing and dancing like a fool. There are some kids that will behave better for me, so if mom and dad go off for a bit they will give some great smiles.
3. What are your favorite props?
-Anything that is multi-purpose. I like any bucket or basket that I can put a baby in, but can also flip over and have a toddler sit on. I'm not too crazy with props though. I want your child to be the main focus of the portrait not a lot of props.
4. What's your favorite part about being a mommy?
-Everything! Seriously...I love everything even the diapers. I love watching my two year old learn new things. I can see it on her face when her mind is soaking everything in. With my three month old, I sometimes am holding her and stare at each individual eyelash and the little lines in her lips and am in awe of the fact that we were made to create these amazing little individuals. The first time that Emersyn reached and grabbed my hand to walk with me I cried a little bit (not going to lie).
5. What are your go to snacks?
-I wish I could say that we only do healthy snacks, but that is not true. Em's favorites include fruit snacks and goldfish. She is a lover of fruit though. We do keep bananas, apples (she pretends she is Snow White), strawberries, and oranges on hand at all times.
Thank you so much for all your questions.