1. What is your favorite lens and is there something on your wishlist?
- My 50mm 1.4 lens is attached to my camera body 95% of the time! I absolutely love it and can use it in the studio with a newborn or outside with a family of twelve. I do have one lens that I'm dying to have and that is a 135mm! The way it handles light is yummy!
2. What is the funniest thing one of your kids has done?
-We have entered the threenager stage. There are a lot of ups and downs, but so much hilarious behavior too. She acts out all movies and Baymax from Big Hero 6 is her imaginary friend. Just last week I was purchasing a new car (a minivan GASP) and Emersyn ran up and yelled "I'VE GOTTA POOP" in the middle of the dealership! Nothing beats bathroom talk!
3. Who are your biggest influences in the photography industry?
-I follow so many inspirational photographers through social media, but one that I highly admire is Son Kissed Photography. I even had the opportunity to have her photograph my family after Lennon was born. I will treasure those images forever. I have also mentored with her and she is an amazing person inside and out!
4. Do you kids like to be photographed?
-They go through stages for sure. Emersyn has just started asking for me to take her picture and she wants to see the back of the camera immediately. Lennon could care less at this point in her life, but that will change this next year. We just had our family portraits taken by Abby Glenn Photography and they worked it for the camera! :)
5. How did you come up with your kid's names?
-We just liked them a lot. I really loved Emersyn, but my husband was hesitant because it was an appliance brand name. I convinced him that we did not own any appliances by Emerson. I ordered personalized bedding for her and then we went to the store right as the back-to-school college items were put out and all the aisles were filled with Emerson mini fridges and microwaves.
I grew up listening to The Beatles and I have always had a love for them. Their music reminds me of both of my parents. We talked about using Lennon but were hesitant because we knew some of our friends and family might not like it. The Grammy's aired a special for the Beatles and John Legend was singing Let It Be and I got very emotional. I knew right then Lennon had to be our second daughter's name.